It’s spring and that means storms. Here are a few suggestions to survive a power outage.
- Charge all of your electronics ahead of time – phone, laptops, and whatever you need so you will be able to reach people if you need help.
- Know how to turn off your main circuit breaker in order to help protect your appliances and electrical devices from power surges.
- Unplug appliances, electronics, and lighting – and turn up the temperature setting on the AC.
- Purchase a backup generator because it can help keep your fridge and other important appliances running during a power outage. Don’t forget to ventilate.
- Turn down the temperature on your freezer and fridge to get them as cold as possible to preserve your food. Also, fill your freezer and fridge with ice and water bottles to prolong the cold temperature.
Stay safe this spring!