I think you know we have a West Highland Terrier named Heinz. He’s fourteen and pretty set in his ways, but he keeps us entertained. He also keeps us moving. That dog likes a walk on the beach better than anything.
He walks taller and stays alert to everything going on around him.
April is Active Dog Month. While Heinz may nap more, when it’s time to be active, he’s ready.
There are also other pet holidays in April. Pet care, pet first aid, Lyme disease prevention, heartworm prevention and preventing cruelty are also highlighted in April.
For my cat loving friends, April 6 is National Siamese Cat Day.
- April 8: National Dog Fighting Awareness Day
- April 10: National Hug Your Dog Day
- April 11: National Pet Day
- April 11: Celebrate Shelter Pets Day
- April 11: Dog Therapy Appreciation Day
- April 19: National Cat Lady Day
- April 21: National Bulldog Day
- April 23: National Lost Dog Day
Let’s celebrate our pets this month. Happy April!